home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Nov 26, 2012

Chuck's Photoshoot

I knew the day before Thanksgiving that I wanted to take my camera to dinner, but I also knew that I didn't really want to deal with the constant adjusting to try and expose decent shots in low light. This led me to dig out my external flash that I bought last year. I played around with it a lot when I first got it, but I never really took it anywhere with me to use in real situations. I hadn't been able to really feel comfortable with it and so it went by the wayside for a while.

Until last Wednesday, when I decided I wanted to finally use it for realsies. So I dug it out, dusted it off, and ran downstairs to bother the dog. He pretty much hates when I come at him with the camera, and this day was no different, but I sat in the doorway of the guest room while Chuck paced around wondering why I wouldn't let him out or play with him.

These shots were taken at the foot of the bed with natural light coming in from the windows at the head of the bed, leaving it pretty shadowy at the foot of the bed. It was the perfect spot to see if I could get my flash to fill in where the shadows were heavy. These photos are my result with only a little little fill light added in Lightroom where his face was still a little dark (aside from the obvious post processing), which is always a challenge while photographing my mostly black dog.



In the end, I'm really happy with these and it feels really good to be playing with my camera again. I need to make a point of it more often. 






No comments:

Post a Comment