home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Apr 19, 2012

I Didn't Really Want Purple, You Guys

I used to be really good at dyeing my hair. The execution was questionable; the approach, however, was nearly professional. From my few years at Sally Beauty, I knew what combination of products to use in which order to get the color I wanted and it almost always worked out. Let's just say it's been quite a while since I dyed my hair anything other than a slightly darker brown.

The last time I went red was November of 2010. I had it done at a salon and it turned out great.
Dear Self: Lose the weight you've put on since then. Also, clean the mirror; it's not any cleaner now.

The other day I decided I wanted to go back to this color. I ran to Sally's after work to grab everything I needed and got busy with it upon arriving home. Mix. Apply. Plastic cap. Wait. Rinse. Color seal conditioning treatment. Blow dry. Oops.

I didn't really want purple, you guys.

Guess what I forgot to do? I forgot to pay attention to the base in the color that I chose and ended up grabbing a tint with a violet base. It's not quite as vibrant as the pictures show, but it's still purple-ish. Purple-ish would have been fine, like, ten years ago. Actually, purple-ish wouldn't have been purple enough for me ten years ago. Anyway, dudes, it's not ideal but I'm getting used to it. I'm thinking I'll just let it fade out a bit then top it off with a semi-permanent color with maybe a gold base to tone it down. We'll see. In any case, it's making me feel moody.

Should I be listening to Alanis Morissette?

Hmph.



1 comment: