home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

May 1, 2012

Dude, May? Yikes.

The first half of the year is two-thirds over, you guys. 


There seems to be a few times a year when we realize what month it is and that makes us freak out on a minimal level about the time that has passed.

Can you believe it's already May?!

I feel like this has a lot to do with Life Algebra; there has to be a formula that explains why time moves faster than most of our ambitions.

Where did this year go, so far? Pretty soon, it's going to be Christmas already!


On some days, I realize what year it is and really freak myself out. Aside from realizing, on occasion, that I am a full-on grown-up*, it also dawns on me that WHOA-- we live in the future, man. I mean, a good amount of people carry around tiny touch screen computers on which we can (least importantly) make calls, scour the internet, and (most importantly) play games. What could Zach Morris' phone do? *scoff* 


We are living more than a decade into the 2000s and that's weird when I look at it from my childhood; when I look at it from when I was in elementary school, doing the math and finding out that I would graduate in 2001. That sounded so space-tastic! It was The Future. There was definitely going to be some Grade-A Jetson Shit happening in 2001.


What kind of car would I drive when I turned 16 in 2000? 

That would be a 1994 Ford Aspire, Young Self. Not only will it have a hatch-back, but it will also have 4 doors. (Space-age, indeed!) Mom's going to buy it new in a few years and drive approximately one million miles in it before giving it to you with a broken gas gauge. Yes, you will run out of gas. More than once. You'll get used to it and it will be okay because you'll get to cart 6 or 7 people in your five-seater, and it will be so fun.

Oh my lawd, we're not even in the first decade of the 2000s anymore!


Isn't that just weird? I have to say, I'm stoked on where I am in life. Of course there are the Wish I Had's and the Why Didn't I's, but everything is just so good right now that I am truly looking forward to making more progress in life and in the rest of this year.


This was written in participation with Extraordinary Ordinary for Just Write



*While yes, I've been a technical adult for years, I think that once you reach your late-twenties, you've become a grown-up. It's basically when you realize you've become "too old" for a lot of things, which can be good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment