home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Jun 14, 2012

Dear Internet, It's Working!


Last Thursday I posted about my new adventure into Pilates and Spin. When I posted, I hadn't gone to my first class yet which was later that day. I was pretty intimidated, but was feeling good about getting started so I posted my past weight and measurements along with my current weight and measurements.

Now, a week later, I have gone to only three classes: my first class which involved 30 minutes of Spin and 30 minutes of Pilates, my second class was a full hour of Spin and my third class yesterday morning was a full hour of Pilates. On top of classes, I've been making an effort to eat better with smaller portions, but without hugely restricting myself. I also haven't been stepping on the scale every day, obsessing over whether or not I've lost a pound. When I finally stepped on the scale today, I was so so excited to see what I saw that I went straight for the measuring tape to check my progress.

Here are last week's numbers followed by today's numbers.

June 7, 2012
  • Weight - 163 (+20)
  • Bust - 40"
  • Waist - 34" (+4")
  • Belly - 40.5" 
  • Hips/Butt - 43.5" (+3.25")
  • Thigh - 25.5" (+2")
  • Knee - 16.5"
  • Calf - 14.25"
  • Arm - 13" (+1.75")
June 14, 2012
  • Weight - 160.5 (-2.5)
  • Bust - 40"
  • Waist - 32.5" (-1.5")
  • Belly - 40.5"
  • Hips/Butt - 43" (-0.5")
  • Thigh - 25.25" (-0.25")
  • Knee - 16" (-0.5")
  • Calf - 14" (-0.5")
  • Arm - 13"
I've lost 2.5 pounds and 3.25 inches, you guys! In one week. That is plenty to keep me motivated to keep going. Not that I was having trouble with motivation, but results definitely help. And so, because I'm seeing results, I've worked up the gut to post my before picture! And not only is it a picture, it's an animated gif. You're welcome. Or, I'm sorry. Take whichever you need. I felt really uncomfortable taking these photos. 


So this is really scary for me to put up, but I'm hoping it helps me. Check out that cool muffin top! NOT. I'm not sure when an appropriate time to do progress photos is, so I'll decide that as I go. Maybe monthly? Bi-monthly? We'll see.

As for today, I'm feeling really great having discovered my decrease in pounds and inches. I'm really sore from yesterday's Pilates that I'm considering canceling tomorrow's class just because I don't want to hurt myself and that I'm really certain that I'll be too sore to stand. BUT. The results are encouraging me to push through. I don't have much time to decide before it's too late to cancel and they charge me a fee, so... thoughts? 

Holy crap, I can't believe I'm half-naked up there for the world to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment