home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Jul 27, 2012

I'm a Contributor! I Contribute.

This photo has nothing to do with this post.
A few weeks ago, as I was blog-hopping, I discovered Sarah and her blog, Well and Cheaply. I read through her recent posts and found myself reading a couple weeks worth of her blog. Sarah has a string of really honest posts under the label of Things I'm Afraid to Tell You; the first I came to was this post titled On Having Kids Part 2. She quoted a post of similar nature from her old blog, and it was probably this one line that helped me really get what she was saying:
"Not wanting to or not being sure if you want to have kids feels a lot similar to being an atheist.  What about it does everyone else see that I don't?"
She goes on to explain that a year later, she suddenly caught a tad bit of Baby Fever and how that conflicts with her views on how our growing population is affecting our planet.

I thought it was a perfectly honest post that I enjoyed reading, so I left a thoughtful comment. An hour or so later, I received an email from Sarah thanking me for my comment. She also mentioned that she was going on vacation at the end of this month and had the idea of running a series of guest posts about various topics relating to having children. She had checked out my blog and asked if I'd be interested in contributing on the more specific topic of trying to conceive and considering adoption.

I agreed, thought about it for a few days and on a Saturday morning while lazing on the couch, I put together my post and sent it over. The post I wrote for her is really an expansion of feelings that I've alluded to in previous posts, but I don't think that I've elaborated on them as much as I could have, so it felt good to focus a little more on those things.

My post is up today, so please, please visit Sarah's blog and read it if you're interested. If you have the time, read through the rest of the series as well, they're all so well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment