home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Aug 2, 2012

Two Month Progress Report!

It's been two months, you guys! Well, it's been two months and one week... but two months since I first took that photo of myself in my skivvies. I don't have much time, so this might end up a pretty quick post. So here goes.


I was fully expecting to be a fat fatty while spending last weekend away in Seattle with Jamie. He had been up there for work since the Tuesday before, and I flew up on Friday to meet him. It was great. I wasn't worrying about my food or drink intake. When we're going out to nice bars and restaurants I'm going to get all Foodie and eat and enjoy. And when we're going out to a local dive bar, I'm going to sample up local brews. No, calories don't exist when I travel to new places!

Looks like poo. Not poo. Sausage. 

Deep fried peanut butter on piles of jelly with a shot of milk? Uh, yes. Please. Thank you.
Anyway, long story short, I ate some great food and drank some delicious draaaanks, but each day I started feeling progressively worse. I woke up Sunday feeling beyond miserable. I don't think I consumed more than 500 calories the whole day, and probably slept six hours between going back to bed after breakfast, sleeping at the airport and sleeping on the plane. The sleeping probably saved me, though. As I felt progressively better starting that evening by bedtime.

BUT- I had canceled my Monday morning class in anticipation of going to the doctor and Tuesday's class just for more recovery time... but I think I could have survived it had I went. So yesterday was my first day back to Pilates since Friday. Now, I'm thankful that I squeezed in that class on Friday. I almost didn't schedule it because I thought I'd be too busy getting ready to leave, but I made time and it worked out. And I worked out.

Here are the numbers.


June 7, 2012
  • Weight - 163 (+20)
  • Bust - 40"
  • Waist - 34" (+4)
  • Belly - 40.5" 
  • Hips/Butt - 43.5" (+3.25)
  • Thigh - 25.5" (+2)
  • Knee - 16.5"
  • Calf - 14.25"
  • Arm - 13" (+1.75)

July 26, 2012
  • Weight - 158 (-1, -5)
  • Bust - 38.5" (0, -1.5)
  • Waist - 32" (0, -2)
  • Belly - 40" (0, -0.5) 
  • Hips/Butt - 42" (-0.25, -1.5)
  • Thigh - 24.25" (-0.25, -1.25)
  • Knee - 15.25" (-0.25, -1.25)
  • Calf - 13.75" (-0.25, -0.5)
  • Arm - 12.5" (0, -0.5)

August 2, 2012
  • Weight - 156 (-2, -7)
  • Bust - 38" (-0.5, -2)
  • Waist - 32" (0, -2)
  • Belly - 40" (0, -0.5) 
  • Hips/Butt - 41.75" (-0.25, -1.75)
  • Thigh - 24" (-0.25, -1.5)
  • Knee - 15.25" (-0.25, -1.25)
  • Calf - 13.75" (-0.25, -0.5)
  • Arm - 12.5" (0, -0.5)

Well, I still managed to lose another inch this week. I probably owe a big thanks to my surprise Seattle sickness for losing TWO pounds this week! I'll take it. Total inches lost? 10! I'm still having an issue with my belly. I measure it when relaxed and at it's poochiest, so while it can hold in tighter when I'm using my good posture, it still really isn't decreasing. It probably requires more cardio. Yuck. I guess more Spin is in my future.

So! Guess what. It's picture time.

Left: 6/7/12 - Center: Today, relaxed - Right: Today, with my core engaged slightly like it is most of the time when standing, which I think is what I was doing in the before pictures. 

Same as above, but obviously a side view. Duh. 

I had trouble really seeing any difference in the photos last month, but I am definitely able to see it in these pictures. I think it's mostly in my thighs and hips, which makes sense when I look at the numbers.

Hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment