home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Oct 5, 2012

Now I Get It

Clark Kent's glasses are all that shields him from being recognized as Superman. This always seemed a little far-fetched to me, but I suppose if he wore glasses AND his Superman stretchy pants, Lois' mind would be officially blown. "Whoa, wait, what? Clark!? Superman!?"

I get it now, though.

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen a post about how my usual Starbucks lady has finally begun remembering my name. (Shut up, it's a big deal.) I don't have a "usual" drink, but she has started writing my name on my cup without even asking.

Ben?
That is, until today. Today, I am Ben. She asked me my name, I said "Sam", she wrote "Ben".

Yesterday, I was trying to get a fuzz off of my contact lens when oopsie-- it tore. No bueno. Being that it was my last pair, it was necessary that I wear my glasses.


I had no idea that my glasses were such a good disguise until this morning at Starbucks. Not only do glasses impair others' ability to facially recognize you, but they apparently can change what gender you appear to be.

So Clark, I get it. It works. I'm sorry I ever doubted you.



1 comment: