home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Jun 25, 2013

Craving a Change


I woke up last Wednesday craving change. This happens every once in a while, most recently being in January when I decided on a whim to chop my hair that I has been so adamantly growing. So, appropriately timed at 6 months past that drastic change, I felt the intense need to change again.

From my teen years through my early twenties, I changed my hair often and drastically. I mostly kept it short and dyed it just about every color you could imagine. The image below is just a few examples of my wide array of hair adventures. Between the ages of 15 and 25, I was fearless.

Sweet collage skills, bro. 

Over the last four or five years, I've kind of tamed and grown up. My hair, while still ever changing in length, has only strayed from brown once or twice to explore into the comparatively not-so-adventurous regular, normal red. Because of this, I found myself intimidated by this new extreme change I was craving. Could I pull it off? Would I look ridiculous? Am I too old?

There was only one way to push myself: Instagram. It worked and later that day I made a trip to Sally Beauty. Having worked there for a few years back in the day, I knew what products I needed:
  • blue bleach
  • developer
  • violet toner
  • purple shampoo
  • super extra mega deep conditioner
Tada.

I'm pretty stoked about how it turned out. When it's time for a cut and a root touch-up, I think I may try amping it up to platinum, but I'm still really happy with it at this level. I've received a lot of compliments on it and so far, luckily, only two Miley Cyrus comments (to which I have no idea how to respond).

My craving has been satiated.






2 comments:

  1. I just went & looked at the post with your long hair and while I like the long hair, I think you were meant to have short hair. I love it! The new color looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tara! While it was fun having long hair for a while, it was exhausting. I definitely do prefer it short. :)

    ReplyDelete