home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Jun 21, 2012

Fitness Update!

Today wraps up week two of Pilates and Spin classes and my efforts to eat better and drink more water. I say "better" because I don't want to put myself on a diet. I've said this before and I really think it's the best choice for a long term change. I was really restrictive and counted calories when I lost weight in 2010 and it worked. However, it's just too different and too much work to be something that I can do daily and have it not piss me off.


Making better food choices is tolerable and can easily become a habit. In some cases it's a no-brainer. Jamie came home the other day with carne asada to grill, Spanish rice, refried beans and corn tortillas; I looked over the nutrition info. In this case, I could skip out on any of the three choices that wasn't the meat and save about 150 or more calories. While the rice and the beans were high in other bad things, they weren't too bad calorically. I decided to pass on the tortillas, which knocked about 220 calories off of my meal. 


In last week's post, I had gone to class Monday and Wednesday and was very sore. I wasn't sure if I should go to my Friday class; I didn't want to overdo it and hurt myself. After some time and thought and Googling "work through DOMS", I decided to push through it! After class on Friday, I was feeling great and really motivated, so I scheduled four classes for this week, all back to back, and so far it's been great. 


Oh hey, and guess what. I'm still seeing results! I'm going to keep this a weekly update, so what I'll do is post three sets of numbers. Because I like to see where I've come overall, I'll post my original numbers. And to see my progress over a week, I'll post last week's numbers. Finally, duh, I'll post my current numbers. So here goes.



June 7, 2012
  • Weight - 163 (+20)
  • Bust - 40"
  • Waist - 34" (+4)
  • Belly - 40.5" 
  • Hips/Butt - 43.5" (+3.25)
  • Thigh - 25.5" (+2)
  • Knee - 16.5"
  • Calf - 14.25"
  • Arm - 13" (+1.75)
June 14, 2012
  • Weight - 160.5 (-2.5)
  • Bust - 40"
  • Waist - 32.5" (-1.5)
  • Belly - 40.5"
  • Hips/Butt - 43" (-0.5)
  • Thigh - 25.25" (-0.25)
  • Knee - 16" (-0.5)
  • Calf - 14" (-0.5)
  • Arm - 13"
June 21, 2012
  • Weight - 159 (-1.5, -4)
  • Bust - 39.75" (-0.25, -0.25)
  • Waist - 32.5" (0, -1.5)
  • Belly - 40.5" 
  • Hips/Butt - 42.75" (-0.25, -0.75)
  • Thigh - 25" (-0.25, -0.5)
  • Knee - 15.75" (-0.25, -0.75)
  • Calf - 13.75" (-0.25, -0.5)
  • Arm - 13"
This week I've lost a pound and a half and an 1.25 inches! I'm trying not to let my lack of change in my belly and arms disappoint me. I scheduled a little more Spin for next week, so hopefully that will help with the fat-burning. 

I am really excited about the results I am seeing: my legs. While I've never been a fan of my thighs, and I am losing inches there, I'm most excited about my knees. I don't wear shorts and tend to keep my thighs covered, and that doesn't bother me. But I love summer dresses and I've been feeling not-so-fantastic about wearing my shorter ones because of that stupid flap of flab that hangs at the top of my knee. I would always see it when I flipped my head over to dry my hair upside down and AGH. But that stupid flab flap is disappearing! Look!



In the before picture, I was mid-turn, so my knees are slightly bent. In the after picture, my knees are locked and I'm bending over to take the picture, which would make the flab flap worse, but look, it's not! And uhm, hello? Do you see my quads?

I'm gonna* keep this up, man.

*Why doesn't "gonna" have a squiggly line under it? Are you serious? Is it a word now? Dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment