home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Aug 30, 2012

Forgetting Fitness For Food

I'm going to tell you about how I didn't let fitness and eating healthy spoil a good, long weekend with friends and family in Ohio. You might think that this is the point where I tell you that eating healthy is worth it in the end, much in the way people say "You don't have to drink to have a good time!". Well, sure, healthy eating might be worth it in the end, but it's not worth it in the right now, so I ate! Poorly. And drank... to have a good time! Yes. I ate deliciously unhealthy foods and drank my weight in Yeungling. Okay, I did switch to Yuengling light because hey, it's only 99 calories and is my favorite light beer. Too bad we can't get it out here in California. Sad. Anyway... this:

Wraps are healthy, right?
Mom, Jamie and I headed to the Old Firehouse Winery for lunch on Friday. I had been torn between the burger on a pretzel bun (hello!) and what I eventually chose: the wrap above which contained fried perch, American cheese (fancy!), tartar sauce and slaw (basically, double mayo.)

I'm a little bit of a foodie. Kind of. A little. I enjoy dining at interesting restaurants and eating things that I wouldn't normally eat. (Oh, hello creamy mascarpone polenta at Stone Mad Pub in Cleveland!) That said, a fried perch wrap with American cheese is also definitely something that I wouldn't normally eat. It was delicious, not at all classy, and I don't care.

Can I tell you about hitting up a local summer landmark? Eddie's Grill has been employing teenagers every summer since 1950 and I was once one of them. Eddie's has a grill, a Dairy Queen and a pizza place, all attached. (I worked a summer at Eddie's Pizza.) Eddie's has foot long hot dogs, chili dogs, burgers, fish sandwiches, and french fries. It doesn't really matter what you get to eat as long as you get a root beer with it. It's f'n tasty. If you get fries, do me a favor and put the f'n Lawry's on it. They keep the Lawry's seasoning salt in the original shaker container with a label on top that says "good on fries" and they're right. Just do it.

Hey look, this isn't an Instagram picture.
So what'd we eat? Mom and I shared a foot long hot dog and fries (Lawry's yo!) and Jamie, a connoisseur of fish sandwiches got the fish sandwich.

Jamie got a water. *eyeroll*
The occasion called for dessert. My favorite thing at Dairy Queen isn't on the menu. It's a "smoothie", but not really. I heard DQ recently put Orange Julius smoothies on their menu, but this isn't one of them. This "smoothie" is a mix of vanilla ice cream, cherry slush and strawberry topping. I've had this two ways, blended  and layered. On this trip to Eddie's, it was blended. Oh holy crap, it was so good. Mom and I shared one and couldn't finish it, which is probably good for both of us.

Needless to say, I struggled in Pilates on Tuesday morning after spending 5 days just eating and drinking and not exercising. BUT - today is measurement day and I am happy to say that I am of the same weight and measurements as last week. And the week before. So, once again, I'm not going to type it all out for you. Even though I haven't lost in a couple weeks, I'm not upset. I'm happy to have not gained given my recent ability to jam crap down my gullet. I know last week I said that this week was picture day, but I lied. Picture day is next week and yikes. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Here's to getting back on track after having thoroughly enjoyed my weekend in Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment