home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

May 31, 2013

Fitness Friday

It's somewhat deliberate that I didn't post last Friday. The Friday before last was the day that I so proudly declared that I was going to lose five pounds by my one-year fitness anniversary, June 7th. On that day, I had weighed in at 148.2 and the majority of my measurements had gone up by a quarter of an inch. I felt really motivated! I lost five pounds when I decided to get my ass back in gear after the new year, so surely I could do it again.

Then last Friday rolls around and I weight and measure myself. 149.8 and every single one of my measurements were up another quarter of an inch. 

This is not the direction I am supposed to be going.

I do blame it on my cycle, however. I've always bloated around ovulation, and that part of my cycle matched up to last week. While it's an excuse for the gain, it doesn't make me feel better. I know I could have done better had I been strict with my restrictions. Last week, I did manage to go a whole three days (in a row) without having a beer. *eye roll* My attempts at cutting back my alcohol intake for health reasons has been met with criticism and peer-pressure (though that's not to say I haven't given in before anyone could say anything). Staying home to cook dinner is easier said than done when you have friends to meet up with or a husband that wants to eat out and have a drink after work or well, let's just face it, I don't really like cooking anyway.

This photo is irrelevant.

I completely lack the discipline to not drink those extra calories and I'm not sure why. I've exchanged my lattes for the less caloric (and half the price) iced americano, I roll my eyes at sodas due to their lack of nutritional value, and I've gotten pretty good at cutting out sweets. Why can't I do this with beer and wine? It's frustrating to say the least.

But I feel a shift happening right now that likely won't lend a helping hand to weight loss, though it should help me with my affinity for beer and wine that troubles me so along with some other issues. I'll have more details to share on Monday.

As for now, this week has been a little better. While I haven't been able to completely cut out alcohol, I have definitely cut back and feel better about that. My exercise since returning to CUT Fitness has been consistent and my diet aside from the liquid calories has been pretty healthy (except for this).

May 31st, 2013 (-since 4/17/13, -since 1/4/13)

  • Weight - 148.0 (-0.2, -6)
  • Calf - 13.75" (+0.25, -0)
  • Knee - 15" (-0, -0.25)
  • Thigh - 23.75" (-0, -0.5)
  • Hips/Butt - 41" (-0, -0.75)
  • Belly - 38.75" (-0, -0.75)
  • Waist - 30" (-0.25, -1.5)
  • Bust - 36.25" (-0.25, -1.75)
  • Arms - 11.5" (-0, -0.75)
My numbers are an improvement over last week's that I didn't post, and even a slight improvement from two weeks ago, so I'm okay with that. A few of the measurements are still a quarter inch higher than their all-time low, but two of those are my thigh and butt measurements, so maybe I can blame that on squats. Yeah, sure, I'll go with that.

Next week I will be posting my one-year progress photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment