home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Mar 22, 2013

Fitness Friday

Workout Schedule

Okay, so I went a little gung-ho this week my workout schedule. I even added a second workout yesterday and did Body Combat after Body Pump/Cycle. This leaves me feeling like today's one workout wasn't enough, but that's just my brain getting all weird on me. Of course it's enough. But then again, I'm all "But I had to cancel my Saturday morning class!" and them I'm all "You're not going to gain 8 pounds if you skip it!" but then I'm all "But I'm prolly just gonna draaaaaaaank all day." and then I'm like "Well, okay, but... you'll survive, and it will be fun and worth it, yo."

That got a little out of hand; I apologize.

As for food? I did really well this week, I think, if you don't count St. Patrick's Day. Corned beef tacos whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Corned Beef Tacos

These were accompanied by kind of a lot of beer and a couple shots. D'oh. I've mentioned probably one thousand times how that's my biggest struggle. I like beer. I like wine. It's so hard for me to say no to. Sweets used to be really difficult, but those are super easy now. With sweets, I have the discipline to have one bite. I can't really just have one sip of wine. And some times when we're out, I tell myself that I will allow myself one drink. But then I order a second. You get the idea. So that's still my main hurdle... still.

But food? I (mostly) have that down.

Clean Eating

At home, it's really easy for me to eat low-cal and mostly clean. The only carbs I eat at home are from fruits, veggies, and whole grains like quinoa and various types of brown rice. No white rice, no white potatoes, and I rarely eat bread. My problem lately, though, is that I eat then I am satisfied and no longer hungry. Then, an hour or two later, I'm not just kind of hungry, I'm hungry to the point that I'm about to get a headache. I feel like I am eating constantly. Even on days like Wednesday when I burned 800 calories, which upped my calorie budget to 2000, I was still HUN-graaay. So needless to say, I'm still trying to figure out how to keep myself satiated for longer.

Polar FT40 Heart Rate Monitor

So, last week I was really stoked about getting my new Polar heart rate monitor. I finally received it on Monday evening (at 7:20. What the crap, UPS?) I've used it every day and really like having all of the information it provides. Being able to keep an eye on my heart rate can be really motivating. When I see that it's in the 140's and I realize that I feel pretty good, it amps me up to work harder. 150's? Let's see if I can hit 160! Then, of course, being able to see the calories that I've burned makes this thing worth every single penny.

I didn't post my numbers last week. My measurements were the same aside from going back up .25" on my calves as well as my weight bouncing back up to 149.4, which was 1.8 pounds higher than the week before. I was feeling awesome that week when I was down to 147.6.

I had some killer results that really pumped me up, so while I was still feeling good about my fitness and going to classes at both Studio 5 and CUT, I was really annoyed with my weight for spiking like it had. Now, I'll be the first person to tell you that overall, the scale really doesn't matter. It's how you feel, how your body changes, and if you really need numbers, the measurements. Despite having 3 people this week notice the change in my body, I still let the scale have an affect on me.

When I weighed and measured myself this morning, I realized that I was being silly and that the advice I give others about the scale is advice that I need to remember to take myself.


March 22nd, 2013 (-since 3/15/13, -since 1/4/13)

  • Weight - 148.2 (-1.2, -5.8)
  • Calf - 13.75" (-0, -0)
  • Knee - 15" (-0, -0.25)
  • Thigh - 23.5" (-0.25, -0.5)
  • Hips/Butt - 40.75" (-0.25, -1)
  • Belly - 38.5" (-0.25, -1)
  • Waist - 30" (-0.25, -1.5)
  • Bust - 36.25" (-0.5, -1.75)
  • Arms - 11.75" (-0.25, -0.5)


This is exactly why I need to relax about the scale. Today, I weigh more than I did on March 8th, but I've still lost inches. I'm hoping for another good week as I'll be doing my April progress pictures next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment