home about trying to conceive fitness fantasy baby sponsor

Mar 1, 2013

Fitness Friday

Slater's 50/50 World's Greatest Turkey Burger

After a somewhat indulgent weekend, I think I fared pretty well this week in the healthy eating department. Sunday was probably the worst day in terms of not-so-healthy eating, but it was the best day in terms of deliciousness. On our way back from shooting, Jamie and I stopped for lunch at Slater's 50/50. With a menu full of ridiculously tempting burgers, I managed to make a slightly better choice and get the turkey burger shown above which came topped with smoked gouda and a grilled portabello. I cut it in half and ate the smaller half, bun and all, then fork-and-knifed the other half, eating only the meat. Unfortunately, two Stone Pale Ale's didn't save me any liquid calories. Sunday evening was Chinese take-out and moscato (It pairs well, right?) at our friends Ella and Chris' place to watch and laugh at the Oscars. (No regrets!)

Really, that was probably the worst day. Saturday night we hosted dinner and cards and BSing for Jarrod and Kaitlyn, which proved to be pretty healthy (if you don't count the wine and beer.) Jamie grilled up some chicken breasts and I made a pretty tasty quinoa salad.

Zesty Quinoa and Spinach Salad

And then Monday, I made Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers! (The recipe calls for sliced roast beef, but I used steak.) Jamie wasn't "ohmigawd this is delicious", but I really liked them.

Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers

So really, eating healthy isn't a problem for me. It's not difficult for me, and I like it. What my problem is, as we all should know by now, is alcohol. I. Love. Beer. And. Wine. I tried to go the week without either of those two, but come Wednesday afternoon, I see a Facebook post from our favorite local spot for craft brews announcing that they've just tapped Pliny the Elder. If you're a beer person, you probably know that this beer, rated #3 on Beer Advocate's top 250, is kind of a big deal and it goes fairly quickly once it's tapped. So of course I had to stop in for one before I headed to the grocery store to buy stuff to make salads for dinner. Okay, so, because Jarrod also happened to be there, I had two. Geez. (Jamie was being good and was at the gym!)

Pliny the Elder and a Grocery List

BUT! Aside from giving in to beer (did I mention I had beers last night too? Yikes.) I've managed to still keep on track to lose my 4% body weight for the DietBet game I'm participating in, so I'm happy with that. Oh, and guess what? I took photos this month!

Left: 1/4/13 - Right: Today
(click to view it large)

Left: 1/4/13 - Right: Today
(click to view it large)

You can't really see too much of a difference, but I did make a bit of progress. I don't know about you guys, but I can see a bit of difference in my midsection. Here are my numbers:

March 1st, 2013 (-since 1/18/13, -since 1/4/13)

  • Weight - 148.8 (-2.2, -5.2)
  • Calf - 13.75" (0)
  • Knee - 15.25" (0)
  • Thigh - 23.75" (-0.25)
  • Hips/Butt - 41.5" (0)
  • Belly - 39" (-0.25, -0.5)
  • Waist - 30.5" (-0.5, -1)
  • Bust - 36.75" (-0.5, -1.25)
  • Arms - 12" (-0.25)

In 6 weeks, I've lost 2ish pounds and 1.5 inches; in two months, I've lost 5ish pounds and 3 inches. Not bad. While I'm a little impatient with losing right now, I'm still in the mindset that the more gradually the weight and inches come off, the easier it will be to keep off. If you look at my original photos from when I started back in June, I can definitely see how far I've come, and I'm happy with my progress and the fact that even when I wasn't eating properly at the end of last year, I didn't regress much in my numbers. Since June, I've lost 14 pounds and more than 14 inches off my limbs and midsection! Yessir. That's fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. I have this insane complex about working out and drinking... if I do one, I automatically have an aversion to the other. I don't have a problem with healthy eating either, just getting in my workouts and finding a balance between an evening run and an evening glass of wine.

    I can absolutely tell a difference! Congratulations on your hard work, and on winning your diet bet =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer, beer, berrrrrrrr. It will always be my downfall. I have a "no-drinking-on-weeknights" rule which meant that I HAD to finish all of the beer in my fridge last night so it wouldn't be around to tempt me during the week.


    I think it looks like you've made amazing progress! I wish I would've done "before" pictures so I could see my progress. I can kind of feel it, but the pictures really do show it for you!

    ReplyDelete